Your Domain Name Should Be Your Business Name.
You should name your site after your business name. This is important, for the simple reason that when people think of your website, they’ll think of it by name.
5 things to try and avoid ..
1. Long names i.e. www.wesellcarsinlondonandthesouth.co.uk
2. Hyphenated Names : www.we-sell-cars.co.uk people will forget the hyphens and end up at your competitor!
3. Domains of a similar name : Don’t get www.localvets.co.uk if www.localvet.co.uk already exists, again people will end up at your competitor!
4. If you manage to get the .co.uk domain name you want, try to buy the .com too. This prevents a similar business buying your name as the .com
5. If in the UK, always get at least the .co.uk and not only the .com. People assume www.cakesforall.com to be a US site and not in the UK.